As a successful self-perform general contractor, Brasfield & Gorrie has an advantage when we act as a construction manager: We know what it means to build a project with our own crews working from the ground up. Why does this matter? With our knowledge and skills as a true builder, we can offer a unique approach when we assist our clients in managing the overall planning, design, and construction of a project.
Crafting Our Approach
With this self-perform experience, we’re keenly aware of the smallest details as we coordinate all project functions—including estimating, value analysis, constructability reviews, project operations and management, scheduling, cost control, quality control, and safety. Our heightened awareness leads to more efficient designs, increased budget confidence, lower bid prices, fewer change orders, decreased construction times, and higher quality.
To achieve these results, we must be actively engaged in the project during both the preconstruction and construction phases. And because we understand the details, we don’t just report on the project’s progress and react to situations; we provide the detailed planning, coordination, and direction necessary to create efficiencies in time, cost, and quality.
- Overall project coordination
- Subcontractor coordination and management
- Schedule development and tracking
- Real-time financial tracking and reporting
- Subcontractor change orders and claims
- Subcontractor pay requests
- Project controls
- Self-perform capabilities
- Building information modeling
- Submittals and shop drawings
- Quality assurance/quality control
- Commissioning and project turnover