Brasfield & Gorrie Breaks Ground on Midtown Union in Atlanta
December 20, 2019
MetLife Investment Management (MIM), MetLife Inc.’s (NYSE: MET) institutional asset management business, Granite Properties, a commercial real estate investment, development and management company, and Invesco, the global independent investment management firm, recently broke ground on Midtown Union. The major mixed-use development in Midtown Atlanta will serve as Invesco’s future global headquarters. Project partners, Invesco employees and community leaders joined the ceremony.
Designed by Cooper Carry, with Brasfield & Gorrie as the general contractor, Midtown Union will be an iconic addition to the Midtown Atlanta skyline. Encompassing nearly a full city block, the project consists of:
- A LEED Certified, 606,000 square foot Class A office building developed by Granite Properties and MetLife Investment Management
- A 355-unit modern residential tower atop eight levels of parking developed by StreetLights Residential in partnership with MetLife Investment Management
- A 205-key boutique lifestyle hotel developed by Stormont Hospitality Group and the Allen Morris Company in partnership with MetLife Investment Management
- An extension of Arts Center Way creating a new pedestrian-friendly retail destination offering 30,000 square foot of shops, restaurants and green space
- 635,000 square foot parking deck providing 1,909 parking spaces
Learn more in a press release from Granite Properties.