Clemson women’s sports program expansion celebrates grand opening
January 18, 2024
Clemson University’s new women’s sports facilities are ready for action. General contractor Brasfield & Gorrie led construction on the new and upgraded facilities for the university’s lacrosse, gymnastics and rowing teams.
Clemson’s women’s sports program expansion is the largest recent expansion of women’s sports in the nation.
“It has been an honor to lead this construction team—which included many women, Clemson students and graduates—as we built spaces that will expand opportunities for Clemson’s female student athletes,” said Brasfield & Gorrie Senior Project Manager Kimberly Bailey. “The facilities will support the female athletes’ endeavors to achieve their highest athletic performance while giving them a place to rest and recover. We’re excited for the future of the female athletic programs at Clemson University, and we look forward to cheering on the Tigers in 2024!”
The new facilities are:
· A 9,000 sq ft lacrosse operations facility
· A 6,900 sq ft, 1,000 seat lacrosse stadium with press box
· A new lacrosse field
· A 24,000 sq ft gymnastics operations and training facility
· A 10,000 sq ft elite athlete recovery center
· Addition of a Players’ Village outdoor space
· Sitework to include 252 paved parking spaces
Rowing renovations included:
· A 1,100 sq ft reconfiguration of the rowing facilities for a new sports medicine room
· HVAC system upgrades to existing rowing building
Brasfield & Gorrie has worked in South Carolina for nearly 40 years and has nearly $200 million of projects completed or underway in the Clemson area. The general contractor opened a full-service, brick and mortar office in Greenville in 2013 and has worked on nearly 200 projects in South Carolina.
The general contractor collaborated with architects Garvin Design Group and HNTB Corporation.